Slow Cooker Halibut and Potato Chowder
- Servings : 4
- Prep Time : 10m
- Cook Time : 5:00 h
- Ready In : 5:10 h
Average Member Rating
(5 / 5)
2people rated this recipe
- 1 ½ cups (370 ml) clam juice
- 4 cups peeled and cubed potatoes
- 1 large yellow onion,peeled and chopped
- 1 rib celery,chopped
- 1 carrot,peeled and chopped
- 1 teaspoon dried savory leaves
- 1 cup (250 ml) reduced-fat milk
- 1 pound (480 g) halibut,cubed
- 1 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 2 slices bacon,cooked crisp and cumbled
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
Combine clam juice,potatoes,onion,celery,carrot and savory leaves in slow cooker. Cover and cook on high-heat setting for 4-5 hours.
Process soup and milk in food processor until smooth and return to slow cooker. Add halibut and hot pepper sauce.
Cover crock pot and cook on high-heat setting for 10-15 minutes. Season slow cooker halibut and potato chowder with salt. Sprinkle each bowl of soup with bacon.