Slow Cooker Halibut and Potato Chowder2021-07-31
- Cuisine: American
- Course: Main Dish
- Skill Level: Advanced
- Add to favorites
- Yield: 4
- Servings: 4
- Prep Time: 10m
- Cook Time: 5:00 h
- Ready In: 5:10 h
Average Member Rating
(5 / 5)
2 People rated this recipe
This information is per serving.
Saturated Fat2.1 g
Polyunsaturated Fat0.7 g
Slow cooker halibut and potato chowder. Halibut with vegetable and spices cooked in a slow cooker. This delicious chunky fish chowder has a thick, flavorful base of puréed vegetables. Looking for more easy and tasty slow cooker recipes? We have a huge collection of them, please check it out-Slow Cooker Recipes
You may also like Salmon Chowder cooked in a crock pot, another easy and yummy seafood chowder.
Slow Cooker Halibut and Potato Chowder
- 1 ½ cups (370 ml) clam juice
- 4 cups peeled and cubed potatoes
- 1 large yellow onion, peeled and chopped
- 1 rib celery, chopped
- 1 carrot, peeled and chopped
- 1 teaspoon dried savory leaves
- 1 cup (250 ml) reduced-fat milk
- 1 pound (480 g) halibut,cubed
- 1 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 2 slices bacon, cooked crisp and cumbled
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
Combine clam juice, potatoes, onion, celery, carrot, and savoury leaves in slow cooker. Cover and cook on high-heat setting for 4-5 hours.
Process soup and milk in food processor until smooth and return to slow cooker. Add halibut and hot pepper sauce.
Cover crock pot and cook on high-heat setting for 10-15 minutes. Season slow cooker halibut and potato chowder with salt. Sprinkle each bowl of soup with bacon.