Grilled Shrimp with Tomato and Grape Salsa
- Servings : 4
- Prep Time : 10m
- Cook Time : 35m
- Ready In : 45m
Average Member Rating
(5 / 5)
1people rated this recipe
- For the Salsa:
- 1 bunch fresh cilantro,roughly chopped
- 1 small bunch red seedless grapes,cut into halves
- 6 tomatillos husked and roughly chopped
- 3 cloves garlic,peeled and chopped
- 2 red chili peppers,chopped and seeded
- 1 shallot,chopped
- freshly squeezed lime juice of 1 lime(reserve 1 teaspoon for shrimp)
- 4 tablespoons brandy
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1/2 tablespoon lemongrass curry seasoning
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- For the Shrimp:
- 12 raw giant shrimp,peeled,deveined,tails on
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- splash of brandy
- 1 teaspoon freshly squeezed lime juice
- pinch of cayenne pepper
- pinch of salt
- 1 shallot,roughly chopped
- For the Tortillas:
- 4 large tortillas
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup grated cheese
To Make Salsa: In a food processor,combine all roughly chopped salsa ingredients. Slowly add liquids while food processor is on. Add cumin and curry and process until fully incorporated.
Season with salt and black pepper. Set aside,stirring occasionally.
Shrimp: Preheat gas or charcoal grill to 375°F(180°C).
In a large mixing bowl,combine shrimp,olive oil,brandy,lime juice,cayenne pepper and salt. Toss until shrimp well coated.
Thread shrimp on the skewers alternating with shallots. Grill for about 5 minutes on each side until shrimp are pink.
Cheesy Tortilla Rolls: Spread one side of each tortilla with a butter. Place on a sheet of aluminum foil. Add 1/4 of grated cheese on each tortilla and roll. Grill rolled tortillas until browned and cheese has melted.
P.S. Use a small amount of dry lemon grass ground, ground ginger, lime zest and a mild chili powder as a substitute for lemongrass curry.