Pressure Cooker Mixed Seafood Marinara
- Servings : 3
- Prep Time : 10m
- Cook Time : 6m
- Ready In : 16m
Average Member Rating
(5 / 5)
1people rated this recipe
Pressure cooker mixed seafood marinara. Mixed seafood with dry white wine,tomatoes and greens cooked in pressure cooker. Simple,classic and very delicious.This is best served over linguine or spaghetti.Seafood cooks very quickly,so pay attention to the timing to avoid overcooking.
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 3 tablespoons tomato paste
- 28 oz (840 ml) can crushed tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon dried Italian herb blend
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) dry white wine
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) bottled clam juice
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 pound (240 g) bay scallops,quartered,rinsed and patted dry
- 1/2 pound medium-large shrimp,peeled and deveined
- 6 ½ oz (195 ml) can chopped clams
- 1/2 pound (240 g) white fish,cut into small pieces
- 1/2 pound calamari
- 8 fresh basil leaves,chopped
In a pressure cooker,heat olive oil over medium-high heat. Add chopped onion and cook,stirring,until soften. Stir in garlic and tomato paste.Cook,stirring,for a further 1 minute. Add tomatoes,crushed herbs,dry white wine and water. Increase heat to high,bring to a boil and season with black pepper.
Close pressure cooker and lock the lid. Set burner heat to high. When pressure cooker reaches high pressure,reduce heat to low. Set a timer to cook for 6 minutes.
Remove the pot from the heat. Carefully open pressure cooker. Taste the sauce and season with salt and black pepper.
Stir in mixed seafood and chopped basil. Cook,uncovered,over medium heat,just until seafood heated through,about 3 minutes,stirring occasionally. The shrimp will curl and turn pink,and scallops turn opaque.