Ham Risotto with Green Asparagus
- Servings : 4
- Prep Time : 10m
- Cook Time : 35m
- Ready In : 45m
Average Member Rating
(5 / 5)
1people rated this recipe
Ham risotto with green asparagus. Very delicious Italian meal.
- 2 pounds (960 g) green asparagus
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves,peeled and chopped
- 4 cups (1 L) vegetable broth
- 10 oz (300 g) risotto rice
- 6 oz (180 g) cooked ham,finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter,flaked
- grated Parmesan cheese
- salt and freshly ground black pepper,to taste
- parsley leaves,for garnishing
Peel the lower third of the green asparagus stalks. Trim the ends and slice into bite-size pieces.
In a pan,preheat 3 tablespoons of olive oil. Add chopped garlic and saute briefly. Add asparagus and saute briefly. Add a little water and continue cooking for 4-5 minutes. Cover pan and set aside.
Bring the broth to a simmer in small pan.
In a large pan,fry the rice in remaining 1 tablespoon oil. Gradually add the vegetable broth,stirring occasionally,over the next 20 minutes(add more vegetable broth as it evaporates).
Just 5 minutes before risotto is done,add asparagus and warm through. Stir ham,flaked butter and freshly grated Parmesan cheese into the rice. Add seasoning to taste. Garnish with the parsley.