Instant Pot Red Beans and Rice Casserole recipe
- Yield: 6
- Servings: 6-8
- Prep Time: 10m
- Cook Time: 15m
- Ready In: 25m
Average Member Rating
(5 / 5)
1 People rated this recipe
This information is per serving.
Saturated Fat0 g
Polyunsaturated Fat0 g
Instant Pot Red Beans and Rice Casserole Recipe
- 1 ½ cups ed kidney beans, soked overnight
- 4 cups (1 L) vegetable broth
- 1 cup white rice
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 4½ oz (135 ml) can chopped mild green chiles
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
Using a colander set in the sink, drain soaked beans. Transfer drained beans to 6-quart (6 L) electric instant pot. Pour in the broth, then add the remaining ingredients. Stir well.
Close the pot and lock the lid. Set the machine to cook at high pressure. Set the timer to cook for 15 minutes.
Using the Quick Release method, bring pressure to normal. (do not open the cooker!) Set aside for 10 minutes to steam the rice.
Carefully unlock and open the lid. Stir well before serving. Serve hot.