Pressure Cooker Ham and Beans
- Servings : 6
- Prep Time : 10m
- Cook Time : 10m
- Ready In : 20m
Average Member Rating
(5 / 5)
1people rated this recipe
- 1/3 cup light or dark molasses
- 1/3 cup (80 ml) ketchup
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 3 cups (750 ml) water
- 1 medium white onion,peeled and finely chopped
- 2 cups Southern pinto beans,soaked and drained
- 8 oz (240 g) ham,diced
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- chopped green onion for garnish
In a pressure cooker,combine molasses,ketchup,brown sugar,Dijon mustard and water. Stir well to dissolve sugar and molasses. Add remaining ingredients,except seasoning. Mix to evenly coat beans with mixture.
Close pressure cooker and lock the lid. Set burner heat to high pressure. When pressure cooker reaches high pressure,reduce heat to low. Set timer to cook for 8 minutes.
Remove pot from the heat. Carefully open pressure cooker,let stand for 15 minutes. Season with salt and black pepper. Sprinkle with chopped green onions. Serve immediately.