- Servings: 4
- Prep Time: 10m
- Cook Time: 50m
- Ready In: 60m
Average Member Rating
(4.5 / 5)
2 People rated this recipe
Louisiana chicken. Skillet fried spicy chicken pieces with vegetables. Delicious!
- 5 tablespoons corn oil
- 4 chicken portions
- 6 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 onion,peeled and chopped
- 2 celery sticks,sliced
- 1 green bell pepper,seeded and chopped
- 2 garlic cloves,peeled and finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh thyme
- 2 red chilies,seeded and finely chopped
- 14 oz (420 ml) canned chopped tomatoes
- 1¼ cups (310 ml) chicken stock
In a large nonstick skillet,heat oil oven medium-high heat. Add the chicken portions and cook over medium heat,stirring occasionally,until golden(7-10 minutes).
Using a slotted spoon spoon,transfer the chicken to a plate. Stir all-purpose flour into the oil and over very low heat,stirring constantly,Until light golden(12- 15 minutes). Add chopped onion,celery and green bell pepper and cook,stirring occasionally,for 2 minutes. Add chopped garlic,thyme and chilies and cook,stirring for 1 minute.
Stir in tomatoes with their juice,the gradually stir in stock. Return the chicken pieces to the skillet. Cover and simmer for 45 minutes,until the chicken is cooked through and tender.
Season Louisiana chicken with salt and freshly ground black pepper. Transfer to warmed serving plates and serve,garnished with corn salad and sprinkling of fresh chopped thyme.