Minestrone Soup Recipe
- Servings: 8
- Prep Time: 10m
- Cook Time: 1:50 h
- Ready In: 2:00 h
Average Member Rating
(5 / 5)
1 People rated this recipe
Minestrone soup recipe.Vegetable soup with smoked bacon.Very delicious!
- 2 oz (60 g) smoked bacon,derinded and chopped
- 1 large yellow onion,peeled and finely chopped
- 1 small leek,trimmed and chopped
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 garlic clove,peeled and crushed
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley,chopped
- 2 sage leaves,chopped
- 3 carrots,peeled and chopped
- 1 courgette,chopped
- 2 large potatoes,peeled and chopped
- 3 stalks celery,chopped
- 1 large tomato,chopped
- 12 oz (360 g) Savoy cabbage,chopped
- 3 basil leaves,chopped
- 7 cups (1.7 L) hot stock
- 1 tablespoon tomato puree
- 14 oz (420 g) can white bean,drained
- 4 oz (120 g) short-cut macaroni
- grated Parmesan cheese
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
Place smoked bacon in saucepan and fry until fat runs. Remove from the heat and set aside.
Heat olive oil in saucepan. Add onion,leek,garlic,parsley and sage. Cover and cook for 10 minutes.
Add remaining vegetables to saucepan and cook,stirring,for 5 minutes. Gradually add stock,tomato puree,seasoning and bring to a boil. Add white beans,cover tightly and cook gently for 1 ½ hours.
Add macaroni and cook for a further 20 minutes. Sprinkle with grated Parmesan cheese and serve immediately.