Oven Baked Coconut Chicken with Honey-Orange Sauce
- Yield: 4
- Servings: 4
- Prep Time: 30m
- Cook Time: 30m
- Ready In: 60m
Average Member Rating
(5 / 5)
1 People rated this recipe
Oven baked coconut chicken with honey-orange sauce. Chicken tenders with delicious spicy homemade honey-orange sauce cooked in an oven.
- 1 ½ pounds (760 g) boneless and skinless chicken tenders,halved lengthwise
- 1 cup sweetened shredded coconut
- 3/4 cup Panko breadcrumbs
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flower
- 2 large eggs,beaten
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) coconut oil,1 teaspoon salt and 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- For Spicy Honey-Orange Sauce:
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) orange preserves
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) clear honey
- 3 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- salt to taste
Preheat oven to 400 F (200 C). Line a large baking dish with parchment paper.
In a food processor,process shredded coconut to break it down into smaller pieces. In a mixing bowl,combine processed coconut and Panko breadcrumbs. Mix well and set aside.
In another bowl,combine all-purpose flour,salt and black pepper.Mix well. Pour beaten eggs in a third bowl.
In a large nonstick skillet,heat coconut oil over medium-high heat. Dip chicken tenders in flour mixture,shaking off any excess. Dip in beaten eggs and let any excess drip off. Roll in coconut mixture ,shaking off any excess.
Fry seasoned chicken tenders in hot coconut oil for 2 minutes per side or until crust is golden brown. Transfer fried chicken to prepared baking sheet.
Bake in preheated oven for 6-10 minutes or until chicken is tender.
For the Spicy Honey-Orange Sauce: In a mixing bowl,combine all sauce ingredients,except salt. Whisk well. Add salt as needed.
Serve baked chicken tenders with dipping sauce.