Oven Baked Maple Walnut Oatmeal Muffins
Average Member Rating
(5 / 5)
1 People rated this recipe
Oven baked maple oatmeal muffins.Delicious muffins with brown sugar,walnuts,oatmeal and cinnamon cooked in oven and drizzled with sweet maple syrup.Thanks to Denise for the nice picture.
- 1¾ cups (430 g) all-purpose flour
- 1 cup (250 g_ or rolled oats,processed in food processor
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground cinnamon
- 3/4 cup (240g) brown sugar
- 1 large egg,lightly beaten
- 1 cup (250 ml) milk
- 1/3 cup (80 ml) vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon maple extract
- 1 cup (250 g) chopped walnuts
- CRUMBLY TOPPING
- 2 tablespoons cold butter,cut into small pieces
- 1/4 cup (60 g) brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons oats
- MAPLE GLAZE
- 1 cups (250 g) powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon milk
Preheat oven to 400 F (200 C). Line a standard sized muffin pan with muffin papers and set aside.
In a large mixing bowl,combine all-purpose flour,salt,oats,cinnamon and baking powder. Stir well and set aside.
In another mixing bowl,combine brown sugar and beaten egg. Mix and add,stirring,milk,vegetable oil and maple extract.
Combine egg mixture with cinnamon mixture. Stir well. Fold in the walnuts.
To make a crumbling topping:In a mixing bowl,combine all ingredients and cut the butter in using a pastry tool until coarse and crumbly. Fill prepared muffin papers until ¾ of the way full. Top with spoonful of crumbling topping.
Bake in preheated oven for 10-20 minutes,or until toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes in the oven,then transfer to a wire rack and let cool completely.
To make maple glaze: In a mixing bowl,combine all ingredients. Beat,using using a hand held beater.
Spoon the maple glaze syrup over muffins. Bone appetite!