Oven Baked Risotto with Sausages and Tomatoes2014-02-25
- Servings : 6
- Prep Time : 10m
- Cook Time : 1:05 h
- Ready In : 1:15 h
Oven baked risotto with sausages and tomatoes.Very delicious Italian meal cooked in oven.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 pound (480 g) sweet Italian sausages,cut into 1-inch(2.5 cm) pieces
- 2 ripe tomatoes,cored and diced
- 3 cloves garlic,peeled and coarsely chopped
- 1 cup uncooked arborio rice
- 3 cups (750 ml) chicken stock
- 1/3 cup (80 ml) dry white wine
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
Preheat olive oil in a large nonstick skillet. Add sausages and cook for 5-7 minutes,stirring occasionally.
Pour off all but 2 tablespoons fat. Add onions,garlic and diced tomatoes to skillet. Cook for 4 minutes or until softened
Add rice,chicken stock,wine,paprika,cumin,salt and black pepper. Stir well and bring mixture to a boil.
Preheat convection oven to 350°F(180°C). Transfer skillet to oven and bake,uncovered,for 45 minutes,or until rice is tender.
Remove skillet from the oven. Cover and set aside for 15 minutes.
Sprinkle rice with grated Parmesan cheese and parsley before serving.
Average Member Rating
(5 / 5)
1 people rated this recipe