Oven Baked Stuffed Eggplants
- Servings : 2
- Prep Time : 10m
- Cook Time : 45m
- Ready In : 55m
Average Member Rating
(5 / 5)
1people rated this recipe
- 2 small eggplants,halved lengthwise
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- half of yellow onion,coarsely chopped
- 1 garlic clove,peeled and finely chopped
- 2 tomatoes,chopped
- pinch of dried oregano
- handful of parsley,finely chopped
- hadful of dried breadcrumbs
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 5 tablespoons grated Cheddar cheese
Using a sharp knife in tandem with a teaspoon,remove as much of eggplant flesh as possible. Put the eggplant shells on a thin flat metal dish and lightly brush the inside with vegetable oil.
Place oiled eggplant shells on the middle grilling rack of turbo oven. Cook for 5-10 minutes until shells are fairly soft.
Meanwhile, prepare stuffing;finely chop the eggplant flesh and mix with remaining ingredients,except cheese. Season eggplant mixture with salt and black pepper.
Carefully spoon the stuffing into eggplant shells.
Cover halogen oven and cook at 392°F (200°C) until eggplants are nearly cooked,about 20 minutes.
Sprinkle grated cheese over oven baked stuffed eggplants and cook until eggplants are completely softened,about 5 minutes.