Oven Cooked Lamb Kebabs
- Yield: 4 serving plates
- Servings: 4
- Prep Time: 10m
- Cook Time: 25m
- Ready In: 35m
Average Member Rating
(3.3 / 5)
10 People rated this recipe
This information is per serving.
Saturated Fat2.7 g
Polyunsaturated Fat0.4 g
Oven cooked lamb kebabs. Marinated lamb baked in a halogen (turbo) oven. A very easy and delicious classic Greek lamb kebab. Are you looking for more easy and tasty turbo oven recipes? We have a huge collection of them, please check it out-Turbo Oven Recipes
You may also like Tomato-Pepper Soup, cooked in turbo oven.
Oven Cooked Lamb Kebab
- 1 pound (480 g) lamb leg steaks, boneless,fat trimmed,cut into small pieces
- 2 tablespoon vegetable oil
- freshly squeezed juice from 1 lemon
- 2 tablespoons fresh mint leaves, chopped
- 1 tablespoon ground coriander
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and crushed
- 1 red onion, peeled and cut into wedges
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- French bread,sliced (8 slices)
- salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- fresh mint leaves to garnish
In a mixing bowl combine lamb, vegetable oil, lemon juice, chopped mint, coriander, half of crushed garlic, and seasoning. Mix well. Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
Tread the marinated meat alternated with the onion wedges on to 4 metal skewers. Brush with remaining marinade. Place the low grill rack in the turbo oven. Put a shallow round baking tray on the rack.
Preheat turbo oven to 392°F (200°C) Arrange the kebabs on the high grill rack and cook for 10-15 minutes, turning once after 3-5 minutes. Transfer oven cooked lamb kebabs to the round baking tray on the low grill rack.
Place the sliced bread on the high rack and brown for 1-1½ minutes. In a bowl, combine olive oil and remaining crushed garlic. Mix well. Drizzle toasted bread with garlic mixture and cook for 1-2 minutes more.
To serve, put 2 pieces of toasted bread on each serving plate and top with lamb skewer. Sprinkle oven cooked lamb kebabs with black pepper and garnish with mint leaves.