Oven Roast Vegetables and Chicken Couscous2013-02-12
- Servings : 4
- Prep Time : 10m
- Cook Time : 35m
- Ready In : 45m
Average Member Rating
(3.5 / 5)
4people rated this recipe
- 1/2 fennel bulb,thinly sliced
- 2 carrots,scraped and cut into thin sticks
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 red onion,peeled and cut into wedges
- 8 oz (240 g) chicken fillets,skinless,boneless,cut into strips
- 1 small leek,sliced
- 1 zucchini,sliced
- 1 cup couscous
- 1 cup (250 ml) boiling vegetable stock
- 1/4 cup dried apricots,chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley,finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh mint,finely chopped
- lemon juice of 1 lemon
- salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
Set turbo oven temperature to 392°F (200°C).
In a shallow round baking dish,combine fennel,carrots,onion and 1 tablespoon olive oil. Toss together.
In a second round baking dish,combine chicken,leek,zucchini and remaining olive oil. Toss together.
Place the dish with fennel mixture on the low grilling rack of turbo oven. Place the dish with chicken mixture on the high grilling rack. Cover halogen oven and cook for 8-10 minutes,until chicken is lightly brown.
In a casserole dish,combine couscous and boiling vegetable stock. Stir gently.
Swap the baking dishes over in the turbo oven and cook for 10-15 minutes more,stirring vegetables after first 5 minutes. Mix up the couscous,using a fork,and stir in vegetables and chicken.
Stir in couscous mixture apricots and add seasoning to taste. Cover casserole with a lid,then place on low grilling rack of halogen oven and cook for 30-35 minutes.
Remove oven roast vegetable form oven,add chopped parsley,mint and lemon juice. Serve oven roast vegetable and chicken couscous on warmed plate.