- Servings : 8
- Prep Time : 10m
- Cook Time : 20m
- Ready In : 30m
Average Member Rating
(5 / 5)
1people rated this recipe
Oyster soup.The best oysters to use for this delicious soup,which is really a stew,are big oysters in the shell which are opened in your kitchen and dropped with all their briny fluid straight into your soup.
- For Fish Stock:2 fish heads
- 1 yellow onion,peeled and chopped
- 2½ cups (370 ml) water
- 1 bay leaf
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- For the Soup:10 cups (2.5 L) milk
- 48 big oysters in the shells
- scant 2 cups (500ml) fish stock
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter
- celery salt
- freshly cracked black pepper
- 2/3 cup cream
- freshly chopped dill
- 2/3 cup (160 ml) cream
To Make the Fish Stock: In a large saucepan,combine all stock ingredients. Cover with a lid and simmer over low heat. Reduce slowly until there are 2 cups stock after straining.
To Make the Soup: Scald the milk with 12 oysters in a large saucepan. Stir in fish stock and bring to a gentle simmer.
Stir in remaining oysters,butter and dash of paprika. Season with celery salt and cracked black pepper.
Stir in cream and reheat gently. Sprinkle with chopped fresh dill and serve.