Pasta with Chicken , Feta and Dill
- Servings: 6-8
- Prep Time: 15m
- Cook Time: 35m
- Ready In: 50m
Average Member Rating
(5 / 5)
1 People rated this recipe
Pasta with chicken,feta and dill.This delicious recipe belongs to fine Italian cuisine.Very easy to make.Adapted from http://sweetpeasandsaffron.com
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 2 large boneless and skinless chicken breasts,cut into 1-inch (2.5 cm) pieces
- 1 small yellow onion,peeled and diced
- 2 cloves garlic,peeled and minced
- 7 oz 9210 g) mushrooms,sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 28 oz (840 g) can diced tomatoes
- 2 cups (500 ml) chicken stock
- 12 oz (360 g) uncooked pasta (small shells)
- 1 pint tomatoes,rinsed
- 3 cups spinach
- 1/2 cup (125 g) feta cheese,crumbled
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh dill
Preheat olive oil in a large pot over medium heat.
Add chicken pieces and saute,stirring occasionally,for 5 minutes. Remove cooked meat form the pot.
Add diced onion to the pot and cook, stirring occasionally, until translucent. Stir in minced garlic and cook for a further one minute.
Return cooked chicken to the pot along with the mushrooms, red pepper flakes, salt, diced tomatoes, chicken stock, and pasta. Stir well and cover with a lid.
Increase heat to high,bring mixture to a boil,then reduce heat to low and cook for 10-12 more minutes, stirring occasionally or until pasta cooked through.
Remove mixture from the heat. Stir in the tomatoes, feta cheese, and spinach. Cover the pot with a lid and allow to stand 5 minutes,until tomatoes and spinach are soft. Serve with grated Parmesan cheese.