- Yield: 2
- Servings: 2
- Prep Time: 10m
- Cook Time: 20m
- Ready In: 30m
Average Member Rating
(5 / 5)
1 People rated this recipe
Prawns ravigote. Very delicious prawns salad with spicy sauce ravigote.
- 1 stalk celery,trimmed and cut into strips
- 1/2 red bell pepper,deseeded and thinly sliced
- 1/2 green bell pepper,deseeded and thinly sliced
- 8 oz (240 g) large shelled prawns,chopped
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh herbs
- 1/2 round lettuce,washed and dried
- 1 hard boiled egg,shelled
- For Marinade:1 tablespoon sour cream
- 4 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon mustard
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
In a mixing bowl,combine sour cream and mayonnaise,Mix well. Gradually add lemon juice and vinegar,a few drops at a time,stirring constantly. Stir in mustard and season with salt and black pepper to taste. Set aside.
In a bowl,combine all vegetables. Add chopped prawns and herbs. Pour the marinade over and toss lightly. Leave to marinate for 30 minutes.
Line serving platter with washed and dried lettuce leaves. Spoon marinated prawn salad into the center. Cut hard boiled egg in half and remove yolk. Slice the white.Press yolk through a sieve. Use to garnish the salad.