Pressure Cooker Baked Pork Chops Recipe2022-05-24
- Yield: 4
- Servings: 4
- Prep Time: 10m
- Cook Time: 10m
- Ready In: 20m
Average Member Rating
(5 / 5)
1 People rated this recipe
This information is per serving.
Saturated Fat3.6 g
Trans Fat0 g
Unsaturated Fat0 g
Pressure cooker baked pork chops recipe. Boneless pork chops with rice and vegetables cooked in an electric pressure cooker. Very easy and delicious pork chops recipe.
Why Use an Electric Pressure Cooker for Pork Chops?
Pressure cookers have been around for quite some time, and they’re becoming increasingly popular in modern kitchens. They’re a great way to save time and energy while still producing delicious meals.
Pork chops are a classic dish that can be cooked in many different ways, but using an electric pressure cooker is a game-changer. Not only does it cut down on cooking time, but it also ensures that the pork chops come out tender and juicy every time.
Ingredients and Preparation: What You Need to Make Pork Chops
To make this delicious and effortless baked pork chops recipe with rice and vegetables, you will need a few key ingredients. First, you will need four bone-in pork chops that are about an inch thick. You can use either center-cut or rib chops for this recipe.
Next, you will need one cup of long-grain white rice, which you will cook alongside the pork chops in the pressure cooker. For the vegetables, you will need two cups of frozen mixed vegetables. You can use any combination of vegetables you like, such as peas, carrots, green beans, and corn.
To add flavor to the dish, you will need some basic pantry staples, including garlic powder, onion powder, paprika, salt, and black pepper. You will also need olive oil and chicken broth to help create the perfect cooking environment in the pressure cooker.
Before you start cooking, make sure to prepare your ingredients by seasoning the pork chops with the spices and allowing them to come to room temperature. Rinse the rice and set it aside, and thaw the frozen vegetables if necessary. With these simple ingredients, you’ll be ready to create a delicious and satisfying meal in no time!
Cooking Instructions: Step-by-Step Guide to Perfectly Cooked Pork Chops, Rice, and Vegetables
Now that you have all the ingredients ready, it’s time to start cooking your pressure cooker-baked pork chops with rice and vegetables. Follow these step-by-step instructions for perfectly cooked pork chops:
1. Turn on your electric pressure cooker and select the sauté function. Add a tablespoon of oil and let it heat up.
2. Season the pork chops with salt and pepper on both sides. Once the oil is hot, add the pork chops to the pot and brown them on each side for about 3 minutes.
3. Remove the pork chops from the pot and set them aside.
4. Add the rice, chicken broth, and celery to the pot. Stir well to combine.
5. Place the pork chops on top of the rice mixture. Close the lid of the pressure cooker and make sure the valve is set to sealing.
6. Select the manual or pressure cook function and set the timer for 5 minutes.
7. Once the timer goes off, let the pressure release naturally for 10 minutes before opening the valve to release any remaining pressure.
8. Carefully remove the pork chops from the pot and set them aside. Fluff the rice with a fork and stir in the frozen mixed vegetables.
9. Serve the pork chops on a bed of rice and vegetables. Garnish with fresh parsley if desired.
Follow these simple steps and you’ll have a delicious and nutritious meal in no time!
Serving Suggestions and Tips: How to Serve and Store Your Pressure Cooker Baked Pork Chops
After cooking your pressure cooker-baked pork chops, it’s time to serve and enjoy them! You can pair the dish with a side salad or some bread for a complete meal. The pork chops will be juicy and tender, while the rice and vegetables will be perfectly cooked and flavorful.
If you have any leftovers, store them in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to three days. You can reheat the pork chops in the microwave or oven, but be careful not to overcook them as they may become dry.
To add some variety to your leftovers, try shredding the pork chops and using them as a filling for sandwiches or wraps. You can also chop up the vegetables and mix them into a stir-fry or omelet for a quick and easy meal.
Overall, this pressure cooker baked pork chops recipe is a delicious and effortless way to enjoy a satisfying meal. With just a few simple ingredients and some basic cooking techniques, you can create a flavorful and nutritious dish that will impress your
Pressure Cooker Baked Pork Chops Recipe
- 4 pork loin chops, 1/2-inch (2.5 cm) thick
- 1 cup (250 ml) long grain white rice, uncooked
- 4-6 stalks fresh celery, sliced
- 1¾ cups (430 ml) reduced-sodium fat-free chicken broth
- kosher salt, freshly ground black pepper, red peperflakes, to taste
- olive oil
In a 6-quart (6 L) electric pressure cooker turned into browned functions, heat olive oil.
Season pork chops with salt, black pepper, and red pepper flakes. Add seasoned pork chops to the pot and brown on one side only.
Remove browned meat from the pot and transfer to a serving plate.
Add uncooked rice to the pot. Pour in chicken broth. Stir well, scraping any browned bits from the bottom of the pot. Place celery on the top, then put pork chops.
Close pressure cooker and lock the lid. Set machine to cook at high pressure. Set timer to cook for 5 minutes.
Open pressure cooker, using the Quick Release method. Using tongs, transfer cooked pork chops to serving plates. Serve hot.