Pressure Cooker Cheeseburger Soup2017-01-29
- Servings : 4-6
- Prep Time : 10m
- Cook Time : 10m
- Ready In : 20m
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 large yellow onion,peeled and chopped
- 1 yellow bell pepper,stemmed,cored and chopped
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 3 cups (750 ml) chicken broth
- 1/4 cup dry white wine (Chardonnay excellent fits for this recipe)
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon dried marjoram
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 pound (480 g) ground lean beef,crumbled
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) heavy cream
- 2 cups shredde Cheddar cheese
In a pressure cooker,melt butter over medium heat. Add chopped onion and bell pepper. Cook,stirring,until onions soften (for about 4 minutes).
Stir in all-purpose flour. Cook for a further 1 minute,whisking all the while,until vegetables coated but not until flour browns.
Pour in chicken broth. Whisk constantly to dissolve flour.
Stir in dry white wine. Whisk until bubbling and thickened (for about 2 minutes).
Stir in dried thyme,marjoram. Season with salt and black pepper. Add crumbled lean beef,leaving it in little chunks.
Close pressure cooker and lock the lid. Set burner heat to high pressure. When cooker reaches high pressure,reduce heat to low. Set timer to cook for 8 minutes.
Open pressure cooker,using a Quick Release method. Stir in heavy cream. Simmer,stirring,for a further 1 minute.
Add shredded Cheddar cheese. Ladle cheeseburger soup into soup bowls. Serve immediately.
Average Member Rating
(5 / 5)
1 people rated this recipe