Pressure Cooker Chicken Fricassee
- Servings : 4-6
- Prep Time : 10m
- Cook Time : 20m
- Ready In : 30m
Average Member Rating
(5 / 5)
1people rated this recipe
- 1¼ cups (310 ml) chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- whole chicken,cut into parts,giblets and neck removed
- 1½ cups fresh pearl onions,peeled
- 3/4 pound (360 g) button mushrooms
- 1 tablespoon loosely packed fresh sage leaves,minced
- 1 tablespoon stemmed fresh thyme leaves
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) dry white wine
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) heavy cream
- 1 small bunch seedless grapes , washed and halved
In a small mixing bowl,combine chicken broth and all-purpose flour. Mix until smooth. Set aside.
In a pressure cooker,melt butter over medium heat. Add half of chicken pieces.Cook,turning once,until golden (for about 3-4 minutes). Using a tongs,remove cooked chicken from pressure cooker. Transfer to a large bowl. Repeat the same method with remaining chicken.
Add onions to pressure cooker and cook,stirring,just until brown (for about 3 minutes). Stir in mushrooms and continue to cook,stirring,until they give their liquid and it evaporates (for about 5-6 minutes). Stir in sage,thyme and garlic. Cook,stirring,for a further 1 minute. Pour in dry white wine. Scrape up any browned bits in pressure cooker as wine comes to simmer. Stir in the broth mixture. Return cooked chicken pieces to the sauce. Pour accumulated juices from the bowl over chicken.
Close pressure cooker and lock the lid. Set burner heat to high pressure. When cooker reaches high pressure,reduce heat to low. Set timer to cook for 18 minutes.
Open pressure cooker,using Quick Release method. Using the tongs,transfer cooked chicken pieces to a large serving bowl,reserving cooking liquid.
Bring reserved sauce to a simmer over medium heat. Stir in heavy cream and seedless grapes. Cook,stirring,for 1 minute.
Pour sauce over chicken. Serve immediately.