Pressure Cooker Chicken Lime Soup2017-04-10
- Yield : 4 soup bowls
- Servings : 4
- Prep Time : 10m
- Cook Time : 18m
- Ready In : 28m
Average Member Rating
(5 / 5)
1people rated this recipe
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 large skinless and boneless chicken breasts
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1yellow onion,peeled and chopped
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 1 jalapeno chili,stemmed and minced
- 1 tablespoon minced oregano leaves
- 6 cups (1.5 L) low-fat chicken broth
- 1/4 cup f (60 ml) freshly squeezed lime juice
- 2 ripe avocados,halved,pitted,peeled and diced
- 1 fresh lime,quartered
In a pressure cooker,heat 1 tablespoon olive oil over medium heat. Season chicken breasts with salt and black pepper. Add to the pot and brown on both sides,turning once,for about 4 minutes. Remove from the cooker and transfer to a large bowl.
Add chopped onion to the pot. Cook,stirring,until translucent,for about 4 minutes. Stir in garlic,jalapeno and oregano. Cook,stirring,for a further 1 minute.
Pour in chicken broth,scrapping up any bits from the bottom of pressure cooker. Return cooked chicken breasts to the cooker.
Close pressure cooker and lock the lid. Set burner heat to high pressure. When cooker reaches high pressure,reduce heat to low. Set timer to cook for 18 minutes.
Open pressure cooker,using Quick release method. Using a thongs,transfer chicken breasts to cutting board. Shred meat,using two forks.
Stir shredded chicken,lime juice,lime quarters and avocado into the soup. Set aside for 1 minute.