Pressure Cooker Cincinnati-Style Chili2017-02-15
- Servings : 6
- Prep Time : 10m
- Cook Time : 25m
- Ready In : 35m
- 1 cup dried kidney beans,soaked,drained and rinsed under cold water
- 3 cups (750 ml) water
- 3 tablespoons cooking oil
- 1 medium yellow onion,peeled and chopped
- 2 cloves garlic,peeled and chopped
- 1 pound (480 g) lean ground beef
- 2 cups (500 ml) beef broth
- 14 ½ oz (435 ml) can diced tomatoes in juice,undrained
- 2 tablespoons paprika
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
- pinch ground cloves
- 1 tablespoon unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- For Serving:
- 1 pound (480 g) cooked spaghetti
- 1 pound (480 g) shredded Cheddar cheese
- chopped onions
- bottled hot sauce
In a pressure cooker,combine soaked kidney beans,water and 1 tablespoon cooking oil. Stir well.
Close pressure cooker and lock the lid. Set burner heat to high pressure. When cooker reaches high pressure,reduce heat to low. Set timer to cook for 8 minutes.
Remove the pot from the heat. Open pressure cooker,using Natural Release method. Transfer cooked beans and cooking liquid into the bowl. Keep warm.
Clean out pressure cooker. Heat remaining cooking oil over medium heat. Add chopped onion and garlic and cook,stirring,for a few minutes,until they begin soften (for about 3 minutes). Stir in ground beef and cook until browned for a further 4 minutes. Spoon off excess fat. Stir in beef broth,undrained tomatoes,spices,cocoa and vinegar.
Close pressure cooker and lock the lid. Set burner heat to high pressure. When cooker reaches high pressure,reduce heat to low. Set timer to cook for 15 minutes.
Remove the pot from the heat. Open pressure cooker,using Natural release method. Let stand for 15 minutes. Season to taste with sea salt and black pepper.
Serve Cincinnati-style chili over cooked spaghetti with shredded Cheddar cheese and chopped onion. (serve hot sauce on the side)
Average Member Rating
(5 / 5)
1 people rated this recipe