Pressure Cooker Creamy Tomato Basil Soup
- Servings : 6
- Prep Time : 10m
- Cook Time : 25m
- Ready In : 35m
Average Member Rating
(5 / 5)
1people rated this recipe
- 4 pounds (1.9kg) fresh ripe tomatoes,chopped
- 1 medium red onion,peeled and chopped
- 2 garlic cloves,peeled
- 1 tablespoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon celery seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2/3 cup (160 ml) heavy cream
- 1/4 cup fresh basil leaves
- 1 medium potato,peeled and chopped
In a pressure cooker,combine all ingredients,except heavy cream and fresh basil leaves. Pour 1 cup (250 ml) water over. Mix well.
Close pressure cooker and lock the lid. Set burner heat to high pressure. When cooker reaches high pressure,reduce heat to low. Set timer to cook for 20 minutes.
Open pressure cooker,using Quick Release method. Stir in heavy cream and fresh basil leaves.
Using immersion blender,puree soup right in pressure cooker. Ladle soup into bowls. Serve hot.