Pressure Cooker Lamb Meatballs2017-04-05
- Yield : 6 dishes
- Servings : 6
- Prep Time : 10m
- Cook Time : 7m
- Ready In : 17m
Average Member Rating
(5 / 5)
1people rated this recipe
- 2 pounds (960 g) lean ground lamb
- 1 large egg,beaten
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon gound allspice
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 8 medium shallots,peeled and chopped
- 1 cup (250 ml) low-fat chicken broth
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) dry white wine
- 4 fresh thyme sprigs
- 2 bay leaves
In a large mixing bowl,combine ground lamb,parsley,egg,garlic,allspice ans seasoning. Mix well.
With wet hands,form 16 meatballs. Set aside.
In a pressure cooker,heat olive oil over medium heat. Add shallots and cook,stirring occasionally,until lightly browned. Stir in chicken broth,dry white wine,thyme sprigs and bay leaves. Nestle lamb meatballs into the sauce.
Close pressure cooker and lock the lid. Set burner heat to high pressure. When cooker reaches high pressure,reduce heat to low. Set timer to cook for 7 minutes.
Open pressure cooker,using a Quick Release method. Carefully open the pot. Stir gently to coat lamb meatballs with sauce. Discard bay leaves and thyme sprigs.
Using a spatula,transfer cooked meatballs to serving platter. Pour sauce over. Serve hot.