Pressure Cooker Mussels Fra Diavolo
- Servings : 2-3
- Prep Time : 10m
- Cook Time : 5m
- Ready In : 15m
Average Member Rating
(5 / 5)
1people rated this recipe
Delicious mussels with homemade Neapolitan-style spicy sauce cooked in pressure cooker.
- 28 oz (840 ml) can crushed tomatoes
- 2 jalapeno peppers,seeded and chopped
- 1/2 cup (125 g) chopped white onion
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) dry white wine
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons red pepper flakes
- 2 cloves garlic,peeled and minced
- 2 pounds (960 g) mussels,rinsed(discard any with broken shells)
- 1/2 cup (125 g) chopped fresh basil
- sea salt
- 1 lemon,cut into wedges for serving
In a pressure cooker,combine crashed tomatoes,jalapenos,onion,dry white wine,vinegar,olive oil,red pepper flakes and garlic. Mix well. Bring tomato mixture to a boil.
Stir in mussels,making sure all are covered with sauce. Close pressure cooker and lock the lid.
Set burner heat to high. When pressure cooker reaches high pressure,reduce heat to low. Set timer to cook for 4 minutes.
Remove pot from the heat. Open pressure cooker and discard any open mussels. Stir in chopped fresh basil and season to taste with salt.
Serve hot with lemon wedges in a small bowl.