Cooked Mussels Cremolata Recipe2021-01-02
- Yield: 4
- Servings: 4
- Prep Time: 10m
- Cook Time: 15m
- Ready In: 25m
Average Member Rating
(5 / 5)
1 People rated this recipe
This information is per serving.
Saturated Fat2.6 g
Trans Fat0.3 g
Unsaturated Fat1.5 g
Cooked mussels Cremolata recipe. Mussels cooked with vegetables, dry white wine, and cream. Very delicious! Mussels must open during cooking. Throw away those that did not open. You may also like Mussels Provencal:
Mussels Provencal Recipe
makes 4 servings
Ingredients: 4 pounds (1920 g) mussels, scrubbed and rinsed, 2 tablespoons (30 ml) unsalted butter, 6 garlic cloves, peeled and finely sliced, 2 tablespoons (30 ml) chopped fresh parsley, 2 teaspoons (10 ml) freshly squeezed lemon juice, 1½ cups (375 ml) tomato sauce, 1/2 cup (125 ml) breadcrumbs
Instructions: Preheat broiler. In a large saucepan, pour 1 inch (2.5 cm) water, then add scrubbed mussels, cover, and boil over high heat until mussels open. Drain cooked mussels and transfer to a serving dish. Keep warm.
Melt butter in a small saucepan over medium-high heat. Add garlic and parsley, then reduce heat to low and cook, stirring occasionally, for 1 minute. Pour in lemon juice and remove the saucepan from the heat.
Fill each mussel shell with a small amount of tomato sauce, then coat with breadcrumbs and garlic butter. Broil in the preheated broiler for 2-3 minutes.
- Replace tomato sauce with creamed spinach purée.
- Remove mussels from their shells, then place 10-12 shelled mussels in small ramekins and follow the recipe.
- Replace ramekins with puff pastry shells, then increase the amount of tomato sauce.
- Before final broiling, add a small amount of grated Parmesan cheese and 6 bacon slices, cut into small pieces.
- Add 1/3 cup (80 ml) finely sliced stuffed olives and 2 tablespoons anchovy fillets.
- Shell the mussels and place them on small skewers. Coon in a large nonstick skillet.
Cooked Mussels Gremolata Recipe
- 4½ pounds (2.2 kg) mussels, scrubbed and rinsed
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup French shallots, finely sliced
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) diced tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 garlic clove, peeled and finely sliced
- 3/4 cup (180 ml) dry white wine
- 1/3 cup (80 ml) orange juice
- 1 cup (250 ml) 35% cream
- 4 teaspoons tomato paste
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
In a large saucepan, melt butter over medium-high heat. Add shallots, tomatoes, parsley, thyme, and garlic. Reduce heat to low and cook, stirring occasionally, for a few minutes.
Add dry white wine, orange juice, and mussels. Increase heat to high and cook until mussels open.
Remove mussels from the saucepan, using a skimmer. Transfer them to individual bowls.
Reduce cooking liquid by 1/3, then stir in cream and cook until sauce is smooth. Add tomato paste, then season with salt and black pepper. Pour over cooked mussels. Serve immediately.