Pressure Cooker Penne with Creamy Tomato Vodka Sauce
- Servings : 4
- Prep Time : 10m
- Cook Time : 7m
- Ready In : 20m
Average Member Rating
(5 / 5)
1people rated this recipe
- 12 oz (360 g) dry penne
- 26 oz (720 ml) jar plain marinara sauce
- 14 ½ oz (435 ml) can diced tomatoes in juice,drained
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 ½ cups (370 ml) water
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) vodka
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup (250 ml) heavy cream,heated
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh basil
- salt and freshly gound black pepper to taste
- 1 cup (250 g) grated Parmesan cheese,for serving
In a pressure cooker,combine penne,marinara sauce,tomatoes,red pepper flakes,water,vodka and olive oil. Mix well and bring mixture to a boil.
Close pressure cooker and lock the lid. Set burner heat to high pressure. When pressure cooker reaches high pressure,reduce the burner heat to low. Set timer to cook for 7 minutes.
Remove the pot from the heat. Carefully open pressure cooker. Stir in heavy cream,basil and season with black pepper to taste. Cover pressure cooker with a lid and allow to stay a few minutes to thicken and set up. Season to taste with salt.
Transfer cooked penne with creamy tomato vodka sauce to serving bowl. Sprinkle with grated Parmesan cheese and serve.