Pressure Cooker Pork Shoulder Ragu
- Yield : 12 cups
- Servings : 6
- Prep Time : 10m
- Cook Time : 45m
- Ready In : 55m
Average Member Rating
(5 / 5)
1people rated this recipe
Pressure cooker pork shoulder ragu.Pork shoulder with vegetables,dry red wine and Italian vermouth cooked in pressure cooker
- 2 pounds (960 g) boneless pork shoulder orast,trimmed and chunked
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1 white onion,peeled and chopped
- 2 cloves garlic,peeled and minced
- 2 (28 oz (840 ml) each)) cans diced tromatoes in juice,undrained
- 16 oz (480 ml) can tomato sauce
- 1 cup (250 ml) dry red wine
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) sweet Italian vermouth
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon fennel seeds
- 1 tablespoon hot sauce
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
Season pork shoulder roast with salt and black pepper.
Heat olive oil and butter in pressure cooker over medium-high heat.
Working in a batches,brown pork in hot mixture on all sides,for about 8 minutes per batch. Using a slotted spoon,remove browned meat from pressure cooker and transfer to a plate.
Pour off all but 2 tablespoons of cooking liquid form the cooker. Add onion and garlic and cook,stirring,for 1 minute. Stir in all remaining ingredients. Bring mixture to a boil and boil for 1 minute.
Close pressure cooker and lock the lid. Set heat to high. When cooker reaches high pressure,reduce heat to low. Set timer to cook for 45 minutes.
Remove pot from the heat. Open cooker and allow to stand for 15 minutes. Skim off fat from top of tomato sauce.
Transfer cooked pork to a cutting board. Shred or cut meat into small pieces.
Return shredded pork to a pressure cooker. Heat to a simmer. Season with salt and black pepper if necessarily.
Serve pork shoulder ragu over cooked noodles.