Pressure Cooker Sausage and Bell Peppers
- Servings : 6
- Prep Time : 10m
- Cook Time : 10m
- Ready In : 20m
Average Member Rating
(5 / 5)
1people rated this recipe
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 ½ pounds (1.44 kg) Italian sausages in their casings
- 2 large red bell pepers and 2 large green bell peppers,seeded and cut into strips
- 1 medium yellow onion,peeled,halved and thinly sliced
- 2 medium garlic cloves,peeled and slivered
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 cup (250 ml) red sweet vermouth
Heat olive oil in pressure cooker over medium heat. Prick sausages with a fork and place in hot oil. Brown on all sides,for about 6 minutes. Transfer browned sausages to a large bowl.
Add bell peppers and onions to the same skillet. Cook,stirring,for about 2 minutes. Add garlic and cook,stirring,for a few seconds. Pour in vermouth and vinegar.Stir well. Nestle sausages into the vegetable mixture.
Close pressure cooker and lock the lid. Set burner heat to high pressure. When cooker reaches high pressure,reduce heat to low. Set timer to cook for 10 minutes.
Open pressure cooker,using Quick Release mode. Stir well before serving. Using a spatula,transfer sausages with vegetables into serving platter. Serve hot.