Pressure Cooker Spareribs with Smoky Tomato BBQ Sauce
- Yield: 6
- Servings: 6
- Prep Time: 10m
- Cook Time: 15m
- Ready In: 25m
Average Member Rating
(5 / 5)
1 People rated this recipe
Pressure cooker spareribs with smoky tomato BBQ sauce. Very delicious pork ribs with homemade tomato BBQ sauce cooked in a popular pressure cooker. Easy, fast and yummy! I used homemade apricot preserve to make this yummy recipe.
Pressure Cooker Spareribs with Smoky Tomato Sauce
- For Smoky Tomato BBQ Sauce:
- 1 clove garlic, peeled and pressed
- 1 cup (250 ml) tomato ketchup
- 3 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) apricot preserves
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons dry red wine
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons low-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon dry mustard
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 2 teaspoons smoked paprika
- For Ribs:
- 3 pouns (1.44 kg) pork spareribs, cut into serving pieces
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 large white onion, peeled amd sliced
- 1 cup (250 ml) water
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
For BBQ sauce:In a small mixing bowl, combine all sauce ingredients. Mix until smooth. Cover tightly and refrigerate (you can keep it in refrigerator for at least 2 weeks) Makes about 1½ cups
Season pork ribs with salt and black pepper. Heat olive oil in a pressure cooker turned to the sauté mode. Working in batches, add seasoned ribs and brown on both sides,5-7 minutes per batch. Using a tong, remove browned ribs from the pressure cooker and transfer to a plate.
Add sliced white onion and cook, stirring, until soft, for about 3 minutes. Return pork ribs and any accumulated juices to pressure cooker. Add prepared BBQ sauce and water. Stir and bring to a simmer.
Close the pot and lock the lid. Place a heat diffuser on the burner and set the pressure cooker on top. Set the machine to cook at high pressure. Set the timer to cook for 18 minutes.
Remove pot from the heat. Open pressure cooker. Skim any fat from top of BBQ sauce.
Transfer cooked pork ribs to serving platter and spoon BBQ sauce over. Serve hot.