Pressure Cooker Spicy Tomato Swordfish Steaks
- Servings : 6
- Prep Time : 10m
- Cook Time : 8m
- Ready In : 18m
Average Member Rating
(5 / 5)
1people rated this recipe
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 boneless and skinless sworfish steaks
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 medium yellow onion,peeled and chopped
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon sweet paprika
- 1/2 tablespoon freshly ground corainder
- 1 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 14 oz (420 ml) can diced tomatoes
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) low-fat chicken broth
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) bottled clam juice
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
In a pressure cooker,heat olive oil over medium heat.
Season swordfish steaks with salt. Place in hot oil. Brown on both sides for about 4 minutes,turning once.
Remove browned fish steaks from pressure cooker. Transfer to a plate.
Add garlic and onion to pressure cooker. Cook,stirring,for 1 minute. Stir in paprika,coriander,turmeric,cumin,cinnamon,ginger and cayenne pepper. Cook,stirring,for less for 1 minute,until aromatic.
Pour in tomatoes along their juices,chicken broth,clam juice and vinegar. Stir well.
Close pressure cooker and lock the lid. Set burner heat to high pressure. When cooker reaches high pressure,reduce heat to low. Set timer to cook for 5 minutes.
Open pressure cooker,using Quick Release mode. Return cooked fish with any accumulated juices to pressure cooker.
Close pressure cooker and lock the lid. Set burner heat to high pressure. When cooker reaches high pressure,reduce heat to low. Set timer to cook for 3 minutes.
Open pressure cooker,using Quick release mode. Transfer cooked fish steaks to serving platter. Pour sauce over. Sprinkle with fresh chopped parsley. Serve hot.