Roasted Chicken in Soured Cream
- Servings: 4
- Prep Time: 10m
- Cook Time: 50m
- Ready In: 60m
Average Member Rating
(5 / 5)
1 People rated this recipe
Roasted chicken in soured cream.Very delicious chicken with sour cream gravy.
- 3 pounds (1.44 kg) chicken,cut into pieces,rinsed and patted dry
- 2 tablespoons plain flour
- 4 oz (120 g) button mushroom,sliced
- 1 yellow onion,peeled and sliced
- 2 oz (60 g) unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons cooking oil
- 2 tablespoons brandy
- 5 oz (150 ml) cream sour
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
Coat lightly chicken pieces with plain flour. Set aside.
In a frying pan,heat butter and cooking oil. Add sliced onion and fry,stirring,until golden. Add floured chicken pieces and brown on all sides. Season with salt and black pepper. Cover and cook for 40 minutes.
Pour brandy over cooked chicken and heat for a few minutes,then set aside. When the flames have died down,add sliced mushrooms and cook over medium heat for a further 5 minutes.
Add soured cream to pan. Heat through,stirring,for 2 minutes(do not boil!). Remove from the heat and swerve immediately.