- Yield: 6
- Servings: 6
- Prep Time: 10m
- Cook Time: 10m
- Ready In: 20m
Average Member Rating
(5 / 5)
1 People rated this recipe
This information is per serving.
Saturated Fat0 g
Trans Fat0 g
Unsaturated Fat0 g
Shrimp salsa is a very easy and delicious meal. Serve it as a side or main dish.
A Delicious Shrimp Salsa Recipe
Looking for a new and exciting snack to add to your repertoire? Look no further than this delicious shrimp salsa recipe! This flavorful dish is perfect for any occasion, whether you’re hosting a party or just looking for a tasty treat to enjoy on your own. With fresh ingredients and easy-to-follow instructions, you’ll be able to whip up a batch of this delicious salsa in no time.
So why wait? Spice up your snack game today with this delicious shrimp salsa recipe!
Ingredients Needed for the Shrimp Salsa
To make this delicious shrimp salsa, you will need a few key ingredients. First, you will need one pound of cooked and peeled shrimp. You can use fresh or frozen shrimp for this recipe, just make sure to thaw the frozen shrimp before using them.
Next, you will need two ripe avocados, diced into small pieces. Avocado adds a creamy texture and a mild flavor that pairs well with the shrimp.
You will also need one medium-sized red onion, finely chopped. The onion adds a nice crunch and a slightly sweet flavor to the salsa.
For some heat, you will need one jalapeño pepper, seeded and finely chopped. If you prefer a milder salsa, you can omit the jalapeño or use less of it.
To add some freshness and acidity, you will need two medium-sized tomatoes, diced into small pieces. Use ripe tomatoes for the best flavor.
Finally, you will need some fresh cilantro, chopped. Cilantro adds a bright and herbaceous flavor to the salsa.
In addition to these main ingredients, you will also need some lime juice, salt, and pepper to season the salsa. With these simple ingredients, you can create a flavorful and satisfying snack that is perfect for any occasion.
YOU MAY LIKE AS WELL:
Step-by-Step Instructions for Making the Shrimp Salsa
To make this delicious shrimp salsa, you will need to follow these simple step-by-step instructions.
Step 1: Cook the Shrimp
Firstly, cook the shrimp in a pan with some olive oil until they turn pink and are no longer translucent. This should take around 3-4 minutes. Once cooked, remove them from the heat and let them cool down.
Step 2: Prepare the Vegetables
While the shrimp is cooking, prepare the vegetables. Finely chop the red onion, jalapeno pepper, and cilantro. Cut the cherry tomatoes into quarters.
Step 3: Mix the Ingredients Together
In a large mixing bowl, combine the cooked shrimp, chopped vegetables, lime juice, and salt. Mix everything together well until all ingredients are evenly distributed.
Step 4: Chill the Salsa
Once the salsa is mixed, cover it with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least an hour. This will allow all the flavors to meld together and create a delicious taste.
Step 5: Serve and Enjoy
After chilling, give the salsa a quick stir and serve it with your favorite tortilla chips or crackers. You can also use it as a topping for grilled fish or chicken. Enjoy!
Serving Suggestions and Tips for Enjoying Your Dish
Once your shrimp salsa is ready, it’s time to enjoy it! Here are some serving suggestions and tips to make the most out of your flavorful snack:
1. Serve with tortilla chips: The classic way to enjoy any salsa is with crispy tortilla chips. Choose your favorite brand or make your own at home for an extra special touch.
3. Add some heat: If you like your salsa spicy, add some chopped jalapeños or red pepper flakes to the mix. Adjust the amount according to your taste preference.
4. Make it ahead of time: This shrimp salsa can be made ahead of time and stored in the refrigerator for up to 24 hours. Just remember to give it a good stir before serving.
5. Experiment with different ingredients: Don’t be afraid to switch up the recipe and add your own twist. Try adding diced avocado, mango, or pineapple for a tropical flavor.
With these serving suggestions and tips, you’ll be able to enjoy your shrimp salsa in various ways and impress your guests with your culinary skills.
- 8 oz (240 g) cooked shrimp
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, peeled and puréed
- 1 ripe avocado, peeled and diced
- 2 tomatoes, peeled and diced
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 jalapeño pepper,seeded and minced
- 1/4 cup freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- pinch of freshly ground black pepper
In a mixing bowl, combine shrimp, extra virgin olive oil, and garlic. Toss well.
Add remaining ingredients and mix well. Cover and refrigerate shrimp salsa for 1 hour.