Slow Cooker Asparagus Soup2012-11-25
- Servings : 4
- Prep Time : 10m
- Cook Time : 7:30 h
- Ready In : 7:40 h
- 2 pounds (960 g) fresh asparagus,cut into pieces
- 5 cups (1.25L) nonfat chicken broth
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions
- 2 cups roasted potatoes,cubed
- 1/2 teaspoon Mrs Dash seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) nonfat sour cream (optional)
Combine asparagus,chicken broth,onions and potatoes in crock pot. Cover slow cooker and cook on low-heat setting for 6-7 hours.
Add vegetable mixture to food processor. Blend until smooth.
Return blended mixture to slow cooker. Add dash seasonings and black pepper. Cover and cook on high-heat setting for a further 30 minutes.
Serve with croutons.
Average Member Rating
(4.5 / 5)
2 people rated this recipe