Slow Cooker Beer and Cheese Soup
- Servings: 4
- Prep Time: 10m
- Cook Time: 5:00 h
- Ready In: 5:10 h
Average Member Rating
(5 / 5)
1 People rated this recipe
Slow cooker beer and cheese soup.Cheesy soup with beer cooked in slow cooker and served with homemade croutons.
- 2-3 slices rye bread,cubed into 1/2-inches(1.25 cm)
- 14½ oz(435 ml) chicken broth
- 1 cup (250 ml) light beer
- 1/4 cup onion,peeled and finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic,peeled and minced
- 3/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 6 oz (180 g) American cheese,shredded
- 6 oz (180 g) sharp Cheddar cheese,shredded
- 1 cup (250 ml) milk
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
Preheat oven to 425°F(220°C).
Place cubed bread on a baking sheet. Bake for 10-12 minutes or until crisp,stirring once. Set aside.
In a 4½-quart(4½ L) slow cooker,combine chicken broth,beer,onion,garlic and thyme. Cover and cook on low-heat setting for 4 hours.
Turn slow cooker to high. Stir in cheeses,milk and paprika. Cover and cook for 45-60 minutes or until soup is hot and cheeses are melted. Stir soup well to blend cheeses.
Ladle slow cooker beer and cheese soup into bowls and top with croutons.