Slow Cooker Cachupa Stew Recipe2021-09-28
- Cuisine: African
- Course: Main Dish
- Skill Level: Advanced
- Add to favorites
- Yield: 6
- Servings: 6
- Prep Time: 10m
- Cook Time: 8:00 h
- Ready In: 8:10 h
Average Member Rating
(5 / 5)
1 People rated this recipe
This information is per serving.
Saturated Fat15.7 g
Polyunsaturated Fat4.8 g
Slow cooker Cachupa stew recipe. Beans, vegetables, and pork cooked in a slow cooker. Easy and tasty. Looking for more easy and delicious slow cooker recipes? We have a huge collection of them, please check it out-Slow Cooker Recipes
Slow Cooker Cachupa Stew Recipe
- 14½ oz (435 ml) can yellow hominy corn, drained
- 3 cups canned (750 ml) red beans, drained
- 1 large yellow onion, peeled and diced
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 teaspoon Adobo powder
- 2 pounds (960 g) pork loin, cubed
- 2 potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 1 pound (480 g) smoked sausages, sliced
- 1 can diced tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 slices bacon, chopped
In a 6-quart (6 l) slow cooker, combine all ingredients. Stir well.
Cover the pot and cook on low-heat setting for 6-8 hours or until meat and vegetable are tender.
Turn off the slow cooker and open the lid. Discard bay leaves. Stir the stew well before serving. Ladle into a soup bowls. Serve hot.