Slow Cooker Chicken Barley Soup
- Servings : 6
- Prep Time : 10m
- Cook Time : 6:00 h
- Ready In : 6:10 h
Average Member Rating
(2.6 / 5)
7people rated this recipe
- 4 cups (1 L) chicken broth
- 1 cup (250 ml) water
- 3/4 pound (360 g) boneless and skinless chicken breasts,cubed
- 1 cup chopped yellow onion
- 1/3 cup chopped carrots
- 1/3 cup chopped celery
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/3 cup quick-cooking barley
- salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 clove garlic,peeled and minced
In a slow cooker,combine all ingredients,except barley and seasoning. Mix well.
Cover slow cooker and cook on low-heat setting for4-6 hours,adding barley during last 30 minutes.
Discard bay leaf. Season with salt and black pepper. Ladle into soup bowls and serve immediately.