Slow Cooker Chicken in Spicy Sauce2015-08-29
- Servings : 4
- Prep Time : 10m
- Cook Time : 5:00 h
- Ready In : 5:10 h
- 3-4 skinless and boneless chicken breasts,cut into pieces
- 1 red bell pepper,seeded and chopped
- 1 can pineapple chunks,drained
- For Spicy Sauce:2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1-2 teaspoons crushed red pepper flakes
- 2/3 cup (160 g) granulated sugar
- 1 cup (250 ml) water
- 2 tablespoons sweet red chili sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 tablespoons cold water + 3 tablespoons corn starch
Grease slow cooker with nonstick cooking spray. In a greased slow cooker,combine chicken,pineapple and chopped red bell peppers. Mix well.
In a medium mixing bowl,combine all sauce ingredients,except 4 tablespoons water and 3 tablespoons cornstarch. Stir well and pour mixture over chicken. Stir well again.
Cover slow cooker and cook on low-heat setting for 4-5 hours or until chicken is tender.
30 minutes before serving, uncover slow cooker. In a small mixing bowl,combine remaining water and cornstarch. Whisk well.
Set the slow cooker on high and pour cornstarch mixture into the pot. Stir well,cover slow cooker and cook for a further 30 minutes. Stir just before serving.
Average Member Rating
(5 / 5)
1 people rated this recipe