Slow Cooker Chicken Stew
- Servings : 6-8
- Prep Time : 10m
- Cook Time : 8:00 h
- Ready In : 8:10 h
Average Member Rating
(5 / 5)
1people rated this recipe
- 8 boneless and skinless chicken thighs
- 3/4 cup (180 g0 salsa
- 1 ½ cups (370 ml) chicken stock
- 2 carrots,peeled and diced
- 1 medium yellow onion,peeled and diced
- 1 can (340 g) corn
- 1 can (19 oz (570 g)) black beans
- 1 green pepper,seeded and diced
- 1 can (127 ml) green chilies
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- Just before serving:2 teaspoons freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher sat
- toppings:1 cup (250 g) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 ripe avocado,peeled,pitted and cubed
- 1/2 cup (125 g) Greek yogurt
- tortilla chips
In a slow cooker,combine all stew ingredients. Mix well.
Cover slow cooker and cook on low-heat setting for 6-8 hours or until chicken thighs are tender.
Remove cooked chicken thighs with vegetables from slow cooker and transfer on serving platter.
Stir in lime juice and salt.
Serve with shredded cheddar cheese,avocado