Slow Cooker Chicken Stew with Couscous
- Yield: 4
- Servings: 4
- Prep Time: 10m
- Cook Time: 4:00 h
- Ready In: 4:10 h
Average Member Rating
(5 / 5)
1 People rated this recipe
Slow cooker chicken stew with couscous. Chicken breasts with tomatoes, herbs and couscous cooked in a slow cooker.
- 1 pound (480 g) boneless and skinless chicken breasts,cubed
- 2 cans (14½ oz (435 ml)) each stewed tomatoes
- 1/4 cup(60 g) finely chopped yellow onion
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon coriander
- 1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1/2 cup (125 g) quartered dried apricots
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup (250 g) cooked couscous,warm
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin seeds,crushed
In slow cooker,combine all ingredients,except couscous and seasoning. Mix well.
Cover slow cooker and cook on high0heat setting for 3-4 hours. Season to taste with salt and black pepper. Stir well.
Remove from slow cooker . Serve over cooked couscous.