Slow Cooker Chicken with Artichokes
- Servings : 4
- Prep Time : 10m
- Cook Time : 9:00 h
- Ready In : 9:10 h
Average Member Rating
(5 / 5)
1people rated this recipe
- 4 medium chicken breasts,skinned,split,and boned
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 8 oz (240 ml) can tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) dry sherry
- 1 envelope spaghetti sauce mix
- 3 oz (90 g) can sliced mushrooms,drained
- 9 oz (270 g) package froze artichoke hearts,thawed
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
In large nonstick skillet cook chicken breasts on all sides until browned.Drain. Transfer to slow cooker.
Combine together tomato sauce,dry cherry,spaghetti sauce, and sliced mushrooms. Pour over chicken breasts. Cover and cook on low heat for 8-9 hours.
Remove cooked chicken breasts form slow cooker. Transfer to serving platter.
Pour tomato mixture into saucepan. Stir in frozen artichokes. Cover and bring to a boil.
Blend 1 tablespoon cold water into t teaspoons cornstarch. Stir to the sauce.
Cook and stir until mixture is thickened and bubbly. Spoon some sauce over ready slow cooker chicken;pass the remaining.