Slow Cooker Chicken with Figs and Blue Cheese
- Yield: 6 servings
- Servings: 6
- Prep Time: 10m
- Cook Time: 3:00 h
- Ready In: 3:10 h
Average Member Rating
(4.5 / 5)
2 People rated this recipe
This information is per serving.
Saturated Fat3.9 g
Polyunsaturated Fat2.2 g
Slow cooker chicken with figs and blue cheese. Chicken thighs with figs and spices cooked in slow cooker and served over cooked polenta with crumbled blue cheese.Very healthy and delicious!
- 1 cup (250 ml) chicken broth
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon finely shredded orange peel
- 1 teaspoon salt and 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 9 oz (270 g) dried figs,stems removed,coarcely chopped
- 1 large yellow onion,peeled and thinly sliced
- 2 ½ punds skinless and boneless chicken thighs
- 16 oz 9480 g) cooked polenta
- 2/3 cup (160 g) crumbled blue cheese
In small bowl,stir together chicken broth,balsamic vinegar,orange zest,salt,pepper and ginger. Set aside.
In slow cooker combine figs and onion. Place chicken on mixture in cooker. Add broth mixture.
Cover slow cooker and cook on low-heat for 5-6 hours or on high-heat for 2-3 hours.
Meanwhile,prepare polenta following package directions for polenta mush.
Remove chicken from slow cooker,using tongs. Transfer fig mixture to a serving bowl.
Serve slow cooker chicken and fig mixture with polenta mush. Sprinkle each serving with blue cheese.