Slow Cooker Chicken with Ham2022-10-08
- Yield: 6
- Servings: 6
- Prep Time: 10m
- Cook Time: 5:00 h
- Ready In: 5:10 h
Average Member Rating
(5 / 5)
1 People rated this recipe
This information is per serving.
Saturated Fat2 g
Trans Fat0 g
Unsaturated Fat2.4 g
Slow cooker chicken with ham. Chicken with vegetables and ham cooked in a slow cooker. Very delicious!
- 2½-3-pound(1-1,2 kg) ready to cook chicken,cut up
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 cup cooked ham, cut in strips
- 1 onion, quartered
- 2 tomatoes, peeled and chopped
- 1 can condensed Cheddar cheese soup
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil, crushed
- 1/4 cup all purpose flour
Season chicken with salt and pepper. In a large skillet cook chicken in hot oil until browned. Transfer cooked chicken to a slow cooker.
Add ham and onion. Combine together chopped tomatoes, soup, and basil. Pour over the chicken. Cook on high heat for 3-4 hours.
Remove the slow cooker chicken and pour liquid into a saucepan. Return chicken to slow cooker. Skim fat from cooking liquid. Blend 1/2 cup cold water into flour and stir into hot liquid. Cook and stir until thickened. Serve sauce with slow cooker chicken.