Slow Cooker Chicken with Ham
- Yield: 6
- Servings: 6
- Prep Time: 10m
- Cook Time: 5:00 h
- Ready In: 5:10 h
Average Member Rating
(5 / 5)
1 People rated this recipe
Slow cooker chicken with ham. Chicken with vegetables and ham cooked in a slow cooker. Very delicious!
- 2½-3-pound(1-1,2 kg) ready to cook chicken,cut up
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 cup cooked ham,cut in strips
- 1 onion,quartered
- 2 tomatoes,peeled and chopped
- 1 can condensed Cheddar cheese soup
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil,crushed
- 1/4 cup all purpose flour
Season chicken with salt and pepper. In large skillet cook chicken in hot oil until browned. Transfer cooked chicken to slow cooker.
Add ham and onion. Combine together chopped tomatoes,soup,and basil. Pour over chicken. Cook on high heat for 3-4 hours.
Remove slow cooker chicken and pour liquid into saucepan. Return chicken to slow cooker. Skim fat from cooking liquid. Blend 1/2 cup cold water into flour and stir into hot liquid. Cook and stir until thickened. Serve sauce with slow cooker chicken.