Slow Cooker Chocolate-Mandarin Bread Pudding
- Servings : 8
- Prep Time : 10m
- Cook Time : 4:00 h
- Ready In : 4:10 h
Average Member Rating
(5 / 5)
1people rated this recipe
- 6 cups (1.5 kg) day-old-whole-wheat bread,cut into cubes
- 11 oz (330g) can Mandarin oranges,drained and halved
- 12 oz (360 g) can reduced-fat evaporated milk
- 1 ½ cups (370 g) brown sugar
- 1 large egg,beaten
- 1 cup (250 g) unsweetened cocoa
Lightly grease slow cooker with nonstick cooking spray. Toss bread and Mandarin oranges in slow cooker.
In a large saucepan,heat evaporated milk,brown sugar and cocoa over medium-high heat,stirring until brown sugar is melted (for about 5 minutes).
In a small mixing bowl,combine half of brown sugar mixture and beaten egg.Whisk well. Stir egg mixture back into saucepan.
Pour mixture over bread and make sure bread is well covered with a mixture. Cover slow cooker and cook on high heat setting for 4 hours or until toothpick inserted in the center of bread pudding comes out clean.
Remove cooked chocolate-mandarin bread pudding from slow cooker. Serve it warm.