Slow Cooker Chuck Wagon Beef Stew
- Servings : 6
- Prep Time : 10m
- Cook Time : 8:00 h
- Ready In : 8:10 h
Slow cooker Chuck Wagon beef stew. Beef with vegetables and Worcestershire sauce cooked in slow cooker.One of the heartiest stews you can ruste up ! Serve this delicious beef stew with buttermilk biscuits.
- 1 pound lean beef round steak,cubed
- 3/4 cup (180 ml) low-sodium fat-free beef broth
- 14 ½ oz (435 ml) can diced tomatoes ,undrained
- 15 oz (450 ml) can red kidney beans,rinsed and drained
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 3 potatoes,peeled and cubed
- 3 carrots,peeled and sliced
- 1 tablespoon cornstrach
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2-3 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
In a slow cooker,combine all ingredients,except cornstarch,water,Worcestershire sauce and seasoning. Mix well. Cover slow cooker and cook on low-heat setting for 6-8 hours.
Switch heat to high and cook for a further 10 minutes. Stir in combined cornstarch and water,stirring 2-3 times. Season with Worcestershire sauce,salt and black pepper. Serve over cooked rice.