Slow Cooker Figs Poached in Red Wine
- Servings : 4
- Prep Time : 10m
- Cook Time : 6:00 h
- Ready In : 6:10 h
Average Member Rating
(5 / 5)
1people rated this recipe
- 2 cups (500 ml) dry red wine
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 2 3-inch (7.5 cm) cinnamon sticks
- 1 teaspoon finely grated orange peel
- 12 dried figs (6oz(180g))
- 4 tablespoons heavy cream
In slow cooker,combine brown sugar,cinnamon sticks,orange peel and figs. Stir well.
Cover slow cooker and cook on low-heat setting for 5-6 hours. To serve slow cooker figs poached in red wine,spoon figs and syrup into serving dish.
Top with spoonful of cream. Serve cold or warm.