Slow Cooker Gingerbread Cake
- Servings : 12
- Prep Time : 10m
- Cook Time : 5:00 h
- Ready In : 5:10 h
Average Member Rating
(5 / 5)
1people rated this recipe
- 1½ cups (370 g) self-rising flour
- 1/2 cup (125 g) all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 8 tablespoons unsalted butter at room temperature
- 2/3 cup (160g) light molasses
- 3/4 cup (180 g) brown sugar
- 1 large egg,beaten
- 1/2 cup 2% reduced-fat milk
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- cream cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground ginger
In a large mixing bowl,combine flours,spices and salt. Mix well and set aside.
On 4-cup glass measure,combine butter,molasses and brown sugar. Microwave on high until butter melted,stirring to blend.
Stir butter mixture into flour mixture,blending well. Stir in beaten egg. Whisk in combined milk and baking soda until well blended.
Pour batter into greased and floured 7-inch (18.5 cm) springform pan. Place on rack in slow cooker.
Cover slow cooker and cook on high-heat setting for 5 hours or until toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
Remove baked gingerbread cake from slow cooker. Cool in pan on wire rack.
Spread over cream cheese and serve.