Slow Cooker Ground Beef Stroganoff
- Servings : 8
- Prep Time : 10m
- Cook Time : 8:00 h
- Ready In : 8:10 h
Average Member Rating
(5 / 5)
1people rated this recipe
Slow cooker ground beef Stroganoff. Ground beef with mixed wild mushrooms,Dijon mustard and vegetables cooked in slow cooker.Sour cream and combination of mushrooms contribute rich flavor and creamy texture for this yummy slow cooker beef stew.
- 1 ½ pounds (720 g) lean ground beef
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) water
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) dry red wine
- 2 medium yellow onions,peeled and finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic,peeled and minced
- 8 oz (240 g) sliced mixed wild mushrooms (shiitake,oyster,enoki or cremini)
- 1 ½ teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon dried dill weed
- 1 cup (250 ml) low-fat sour cream
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 pound (480 g) cooked warm noodles
Cook ground beef in a greased large nonstick skillet over medium heat until browned,crumbling with fork. Transfer to slow cooker.
Add remaining ingredients,except noodles,sour cream,cornstarch and seasoning. Stir well.
Cover cooker and cook on low-heat setting for 6-8 hours. Open the lid. Stir in combined sour cream and cornstarch. Cook,stirring,for a further 2-3 minutes.
Turn off slow cooker. Season ground beef Stroganoff with salt and black pepper.
Transfer to serving platter. Serve over warm cooked noodles.