Slow Cooker Hearty Fish Soup Recipe2021-03-29
- Yield: 6
- Servings: 6
- Prep Time: 10m
- Cook Time: 8:00 h
- Ready In: 8:10 h
Average Member Rating
(4.3 / 5)
3 People rated this recipe
This information is per serving.
Saturated Fat2.6 g
Trans Fat1 g
Unsaturated Fat1.5 g
Slow cooker hearty fish soup recipe. Tasty soup with vegetables, and dry white wine cooked in a slow cooker. This yummy soup makes a hearty when served with toasted garlic bread.
What To Put in Your Fish Soup for the Best Results
Fish soup is a popular dish in many cultures. It is a type of soup that can be made with different types of fish and seafood. However, the best fish soup recipe will depend on the ingredients you put in it.
Some common ingredients include salt, pepper, leek, garlic, olive oil, onion, and celery. Vegetables like carrots, potatoes, and tomatoes are also commonly used as well as herbs like parsley and thyme.
This dish is usually served cold or hot with bread or crackers on the side.
Slow Cooker Hearty Fish Soup Recipe
- 3 cans (14½ oz (435 ml) each) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 cup (250 ml) clam juice
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) dry white wine
- 3 medium potatoes, peeled and diced
- 1/3 cup sliced yellow onion
- 1/3 cup chopped carrots
- 2 teaspoons dried basil leaves
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano leaves
- 8 oz (240 g) skinless cod fillet, cubed
- 8 oz (240 g) cubed flounder
- 1 pound (480 g) shrimp, peeled and deveined
- freshly ground black pepper
In a slow cooker, combine all ingredients, except cubed fish, shrimp, and seasoning. Stir well.
Close the cooker and cook on a low-heat setting for 6-8 hours, adding the seafood during the last 20 minutes.
Turn off the slow cooker and open the lid. Season to taste with salt and black pepper. Ladle into soup bowls and serve hot.