Slow Cooker Herbed Apricot Pork Loin Roast
- Yield: 8
- Servings: 8
- Prep Time: 10m
- Cook Time: 7:00 h
- Ready In: 7:10 h
Average Member Rating
(3.5 / 5)
2 People rated this recipe
Slow cooker herbed apricot pork loin roast. Pork loin roast with herbs, brandy, and apricot jam cooked in a slow cooker. Very tasty!
- 3 pounds (1.450 kg) boneless pork top loin roast ,fat trimmed
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 10 oz (300 ml) jar apricot spreadable fruit
- 1/3 onion, peeled and finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon brandy
- 1 teaspoon finely shredded lemon peel
- 1 teaspoon fresh rosemary, snipped
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 3 tablespoons fresh cold water
- 4 teaspoons cornstarch
Sprinkle trimmed pork with salt and black pepper. Place in 4-5 quart(4-5 L) slow cooker.
In a small mixing bowl,combine all remaining ingredients,except water and cornstarch. Mix well and pour mixture over meat.
Cover slow cooker and cook on low-heat setting for 6-7 hours. Remove cooked meat from slow cooker and cover loosely with aluminum foil. Set aside for 15 minutes.
In a medium saucepan,combine water and cornstarch. Mix and stir in spreadable mixture.
Cook over medium heat,stirring occasionally until thickened and bubbly. Cook and stir for additional 2 minutes. Slice meat and pour sauce over.